Today I’m delighted to introduce the lovely Jeannie Walker. I met her on Goodreads and she has an incredible tale to share with you.
|Jeannie Walker is the author of ”Fighting the Devil” - A True Story of Consuming Passion, Deadly Poison, and Murder
|Jeannie Walker - “I wrote Fighting the Devil to speak for my millionaire ex-husband, who no longer has a voice. He was murdered in an unthinkable and horrendous way. I am the mother of his only children. We are now Crime Victims in a Criminal Justice System that does not always work for the victims.|
1. How much does real life inspire or shape your writing?
Real life has always inspired me because truth is stranger than fiction.
2. What is your biggest ambition?
Right now, it would be getting my book made into a movie.
3. What would you like people to remember most about you?
That I have written something that helped them in some way.
4. Marketing, a necessary evil?
Yes, marketing is a necessary evil. If we don’t market our own products – who will? And who knows it better than the author?
5. Best piece of advice ever?
Read a lot of books. Reading helps writers become better at the trade.
6. First person or third person?
I like writing in first person, but it is hard because that means I must bare my soul in order to be honest.
Thanks Jeannie, so agree with you. Reading is essential. I do think as writers, we always bare our souls a little, or more.
You can find out more about the author here:
My Website: http://jeanniewalkerbooks.com
My Blog: http://jeannie-walker.blogspot.com
Amazon Author Link: http://amzn.to/x4wWRX
Amazon “Fighting the Devil”: http://amzn.to/e4loGz
Amazon “The Rain Snake’: http://amzn.to/yJEZCR
- Author to Author with Michelle Betham (elleamberley.co.uk)
- “Why shouldn’t truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.” (painttherust.wordpress.com)
- The Agony and Joy of Writing Professionally (newauthors.wordpress.com)
- Author to author with Janice Horton (elleamberley.co.uk)